Pursue BSN Careers
Ready Yourself for Challenging, In-Demand Nursing Roles
Nursing leadership preparation
Develop comprehensive patient care skills
The nursing field is growing rapidly, and more employers than ever before require a Bachelor of Science in Nursing for entry or advancement. Our RN-BSN program prepares you for BSN careers in a variety of workplaces with diverse patients.
- 100% online coursework, designed for working nurses
- Expert, experienced faculty with years of experience in the field
- CCNE-accredited curriculum
- 94% job placement 4-6 months after graduation1
What Makes Us Unique?
Highlands University’s allows you to advance your education without stopping the important nursing work you’re already doing and requires no in-person components. Grow your career without skipping a beat.
Learn More Today
Complete this short form to learn more about this program.
Prepare for Diverse, Vital BSN Careers
Health Services Manager $101,340 per year2
RN Case Manager $108,695 per year3
Director of Nursing $122,930 per year4
Public Health Nurse $87,065 per year5
Become an Influential Nursing Leader
The rapidly growing nursing industry requires highly educated nursing leaders for the many BSN careers available. Nurses in these pivotal careers make a difference in the lives of patients, families and other health care professionals. Highlands University graduates become leaders in the nursing profession and nearly half of our graduates have pursued advanced degrees in nursing, becoming nurse practitioners, nurse midwives and more.
- 88.4% of employers prefer RNs with a BSN degree6
- 6% growth in demand for RNs is expected from 2021 to 2031.7
- The median salary for RNs is $77,600 per year, while many make much more.7
Program Outcomes: Multicultural, Interdisciplinary Skills
When you complete this program, you’ll be able to:
- Engage in culturally appropriate and patient-centered professional nursing practice for individuals, families and communities.
- Incorporate principles of quality improvement and safety into nursing practice within health care organizations and systems.
- Provide evidence-based nursing care across the lifespan.
- Display leadership behaviors through the application of policies that apply to the delivery of health care.
- Use effective interprofessional collaboration in the delivery of health care for quality patient outcomes.
- Effectively use technology for the management of information and the delivery of patient care.
At New Mexico Highlands, our support doesn’t end when you graduate. We provide you with the experience and connections you need to succeed.
The research project required in place of an in-person practicum allows you to gain deeper understanding of topics you can apply directly to your career.
Our diverse community and multiethnic student body helps provide you with a multicultural perspective that will serve you well throughout your career.
Our faculty has real-world experience in a variety of practice areas. They apply this expert knowledge to their work with students.
You’ll be assigned a faculty member who serves as your advisor throughout the program, guiding you to the career path that suits you.