Finish Your Degree and Prepare for Career Success
In-demand career paths
Finish your degree in two years or less and qualify for a wide range of growing careers. Our BAS in General Business degree provides the foundational business knowledge and leadership training you need for long-term career success.
What Makes Us Unique?
- Customizable electives to align with the job you want
- Transfer in 30 credits to complete your program faster
- 100% online coursework in an asynchronous format
- Courses focused on business fundamentals
Learn More Today
Complete this short form to learn more about this program.
Become a Qualified Business Professional
Budget Analyst $78,970 per year1
Financial Analyst $83,660 per year1
Market Research Analyst $65,810 per year1
Human Resource Specialist $63,49 per year1
Advance Your Career in a Range of Fields
Students with a bachelor’s degree earn about 40% more per year than those with an associate degree.2 Gain a versatile general business credential and open doors to new opportunities with New Mexico Highlands University’s online BAS program. This customizable program features a core of fundamental business topics and nine elective courses so you can master the topics most relevant to your professional goals.
When you graduate, you’ll have marketable skills and valuable expertise for the next step in your career. Possible roles include those in finance, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, human resources and more.
- The median annual wage for management occupations is $109,760.3
- Employment in business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 8% from 2020 to 2030.1
- The average salary for business and financial occupations is $72,250, higher than the median annual wage for all occupations.1
- 906,800 new management jobs are projected to be added to the market by 2030.3
What You’ll Learn
After completing your program, you’ll be able to:
- Apply qualitative and quantitative analysis to real-world business situations.
- Understand legal rules and ethical constraints that impact businesses and recognize the practical applications in real-world situations.
- Display leadership and problem-solving skills necessary to move into management positions in various industries.
- Execute the communication and presentation skills necessary to foster a team environment.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Analytical thinking
- Quantitative skills
- Presentation skills
At New Mexico Highlands, our support doesn’t end when you graduate. We support you in your business career as well.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Business and Financial Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/home.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Learn More, Earn More: Education Leads to Higher Wages, Lower Unemployment. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2020/data-on-display/education-pays.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Management Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm.