|Online Application Form||Apply today Now accepting applications.|
|Application Deadline Date||Spring Semester:|
Priority Deadline: October 15
Application Deadline: December 1 (or when cohort is full)
Priority Deadline: May 15
Application Deadline: July 1 (or when cohort is full)
|Degree||Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college|
|Minimum GPA||A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. GPAs lower than 3.0 may still be considered based on prior work experience and strong references.|
|Transcripts||Official copies of all college transcripts|
1) What is your understanding of the profession of social work?
2) Why is the MSW online program at the Facundo Valdez School of Social Work at NMHU a good fit for you?
3) How does your personal privilege and/or marginalization inform your understanding of people whose backgrounds and lives are different from your own?
4) What is your interest in working with rural and/or tribal populations in New Mexico or similar communities?
5) How will you manage the requirement to complete two field practicums, that are two semesters each, over a period of four semesters – with the understanding that the 1st year / first two semester placement is 448 hours in length and the 2nd year placement / second two semester placement is 480 hours in length (totaling 928 total cumulative hours) as well as the additional requirement that field practicum hours are completed in blocks of time that are at least 4 continuous hours in length?
Request More Information
We’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly to learn more about your goals and how we can help.
The Online MSW program does not accept transfer credits.
When to Apply
We offer two start dates per year, in August and January. You can submit your application at any time. If you’re ready to take the next step, submit your online application today. Call 855-985-0689 if you have any questions.
Application Filing Period
|Term||Priority Date||Final Deadline|
|Spring semester||By October 15||By December 1|
|Fall semester||By May 15||By July 1|