Impactful Social Work Careers With an Online MSW
Grow Your Career Serving Populations in the U.S. Southwest
Comprehensive Clinical Training
- Coursework covers critical skills and knowledge for the changing, multicultural profession of social work.
- Experienced, diverse faculty bring real-world knowledge to the classroom.
- Upon graduation, students will have the degree required for social work licensure and be ready to take the ASWB national exam.
Prepare to make a real difference in the lives of others with an online MSW from New Mexico Highlands. Upon graduation, you’ll be ready for social work careers that require an understanding of diverse cultures and social injustice.
What Makes Us Unique?
The Facundo Valdez School of Social Work’s program offers a culturally responsive clinical concentration. You’ll graduate ready to pursue roles impacting the Hispanic, Indigenous, rural and underserved communities of the Southwest.
Learn More Today
Complete this short form to learn more about this program.
Prepare for Life-Changing Social Work Careers
Social Services Director $58,257 per year1
Social Worker $50,390 per year2
Outpatient Therapist $65,669 per year3
Meet Growing Workforce Needs
The need for social workers is increasing at a rate much faster than average for all careers. By 2031, the demand for social workers will have grown by 7%. From working in schools and child welfare to leading nonprofit organizations, our graduates are on the front line, working in social work careers that are changing lives and communities. New Mexico Highlands gives our students a multicultural perspective, empowering them to take on roles that impact communities in the Southwest in clinical settings and beyond.
- Between 2021 and 2031, employment of social workers is expected to grow 7%.2
- The growth in the industry will result in 74,700 new jobs by 2031.2
- An MSW is required for licensure to provide clinical behavior health services in a range of settings.
Program Outcomes: Skills with a Multicultural Focus
When you complete this program, you’ll be able to:
- Apply a culturally competent perspective to your work with the diverse communities of the U.S. Southwest.
- Advocate for improving social policy, advancing human rights and promoting social justice.
- Use ethical principles, critical thinking and knowledge of human behavior in your work with individuals, families and groups.
- Understand the needs of communities that are impacted by poverty, oppression, historical trauma, structural inequity and barriers to service.
- Collaborate with individuals, families and communities to build resilience and promote self-determination.
- Provide evidence-based clinical services to address the behavioral health challenges and environmental stressors facing children, adolescents, adults and elders.
New Mexico Highlands offers the Center for Professional Development and Career Readiness that assists graduates with interview preparation, resume development and job prospects.
Upon graduation, students will have the degree required for social work licensure and be ready to take the ASWB national exam.
Our diverse community and multiethnic student body helps provide you with a multicultural perspective that will serve you well throughout your career.
Our faculty has real-world experience in a variety of practice areas including clinical practice, rural social work, immigrant mental health, substance use and trauma-informed practice.
You’ll be assigned an academic advisor who will assist you through the duration of the program. Our advisors and instructors are committed to your success.